What is SEO for the Technically Challenged?
Do you feel you just don’t get SEO a/k/a search engine optimization? I’ve been there. I know exactly the way you feel. If you take a step back and forget that it’s supposed to be scary and technical, and just think of it as a style of writing, you should be good. In fact, if you follow these 3 simple steps, you can painlessly help your on sight and offsite SEO.
1) Keywords: The keyword in this post is SEO, and in your post should be high-lighted in the following ways:
- Your blog title should contain your keyword
- H1, H2 or H3 Title
- Hi-light your keywords with bold and italics within content of your blog
- Alt txt in your image
- Keywords should be repeated throughout your blog post that is enjoyable to read (notice I hi-lighted enjoyable) They need to be repeated enough, but not too much. If you’re not sure, there are plug-ins you can install on your blog to optimize it for SEO such as WordPress SEO by Yoast or Vibe SEO Pack, just to name a couple.
2) Commenting: In addition to keywords above, when you comment on other people’s blogs, you are leaving backlinks to your blog. The more comments you make, the more SEO “link juice” you leave. The more popular the blog, the better. (Hint you want to comment on a blog that allows you to enter your blog url (website addresss) not log in with your Facebook account).
3) Crosslinks: This is probably one of the easiest of the SEO techniques. Once you start blogging, it’s important to link your relevant posts or pages together. This is called crosslinking.
Watching the videos make these once thought scary SEO techniques easy to accomplish, so take a deep breath and optimize your site today! Now that wasn’t so scary was it?