My very creative friend Dorien from More in Media recently wrote a post titled 7 Random Facts You Didn’t Need To Know About Dorien.
Through this wonderful thing called social media I not only met an amazing gal named Dorien, but have formed a really cool online friendship and learned some new things about her. I knew she ran marathons, but over 7,500 miles in the past five years? Holy moly girlfriend! I don’t think I’ve even driven that far in the past five years! She also challenged a few of her com padres to come up with a similar list of random facts. It couldn’t come at a better time for me as I’ve had a bit of a writer’s block, so here goes!
- My birth name was Joy Ann Chu. I could probably go through all 7 facts with this story, so I’ll try to keep it short. I was born in Seoul, South Korea, adopted by an American family who changed my name, but I didn’t like my name growing up, so I changed it again when I graduated college.
- Because of #1, I’m an Okie from Muskogee – that’s where my adoption papers were processed.
- When I was in high school I had the title of Bryan County Peanut Princess. (don’t judge)
- My favorite (current) candy is Junior Mints
- I was married in a hot air balloon.
- My favorite activities are white water rafting and zip-lining. I would love to travel around the world rafting the different rivers, zip-lining through beautiful canopies and vlog about it! (Of course I would still want to be involved with social media!)
- I like to paint. I’ve had solo shows in small galleries, but my goal is to someday have a solo show in a larger “big city” gallery. I’ve also been commissioned to do paintings for private collectors.
So there’s the 411 on me, and if you read Dorien’s post, she called out a few of our friends:
I’m going to take it a step further and expand the challenge to a few more friends.
I would LOVE to learn the “little known facts” of these people as well as those Dorien listed. What a great way to use social media to get to know people! As a nod to my mom, I’m going to say “I remember when we didn’t have computers and the internet. The only “chat groups” were the party lines on the phones or the sewing circles! O.K., so I don’t remember party lines or sewing circles, but I do remember times before access to the internet and social media was so easily accessible.
What is a little known fact you would like to share? I would like to get to know YOU better too! 🙂